Thursday 14 December 2006

Hundleby B.C. connection

Hello Roger: What a great idea. This is my first time as a 'blogger'. I read the newspaper article on-line and the 5 W's were there, so from that point of view, it was a success. I used to deal with the Press a great deal in my working life and always found it useful to give them a one-page sheet summarizing the details which they could then refer back to as they wrote the article. It would be useful, if you are doing any more papers, to mention descendants from both the male and female lines of the Hundleby name, as, of course, we are all not Hundlebys now.

Regarding the Convention next May, I was thinking of going to Lincoln for 3 or 4 days before the date to do some research at the Archives. My sister and I were in Lincoln for 4 days last September and stayed at the Carline Guest House on Carline Road. What a shame we did not know of each other's existence. I do now have a much better idea of what I wish to search for. I will then take the train from Lincoln to Spalding and stay with Janet and Brian for the Convention Weekend.

Our weather on the idyllic West Coast has been anything but this last month and a half. We had a windstorm on Monday which tore off 4 or 5 shingles from the roof. That has now been repaired but we have another storm on the way which is supposed to be packing 100kph winds with it. This is not our usual weather at all!

Hope this gets on the site O.K.

Evelyn

No comments: